The nearest minor injuries unit open this evening (Tuesday 5th November) is located at Honiton Hospital and is open until 2300.
Our Nurse Practitioners' advice to treat burns is to:
- Cool the burn with cool water for 10–30 minutes, ideally within 20 minutes of the injury occurring. Never use ice, iced water or any creams or greasy substances, such as butter.
Please see medical attention for:
- all chemical and electrical burns
- large or deep burns – any burn bigger than the affected person’s hand
- full thickness burns of all sizes – these burns cause white or charred skin
- partial thickness burns on the face, hands, arms, feet, legs or genitals – these are burns that cause blisters
The closest accident and emergency unit, including Xray is located at the RD&E Hospital, Heavitree, Exeter. However if any injury or illness is life threatening you should dial 999 immediately.
If in doubt about where to be seen please telephone us on 01404 814447 for advice, or NHS 111 (dial 111).
After 1800 or before 0830 if you need a doctor and your problem cannot wait until we reopen, please phone us and hold while your call is transferred to Devon Doctors on Call. Alternatively you can phone Devon Doctors direct on 0845 6710 270 or NHS 111 (dial 111).